Wednesday, May 4, 2016

More Than Surfboar Fins


I have been introduced to a few ideas that have been sparked because of JAC. Fins. Fins are not the only things that can be made out of HDPE plastic, leaving me with a few new opportunities to turn recycled plastic into a useful product. I have talked to several people about making fins for other water sports, such as wakeboarding, kite surfing, and the idea of even making a kayak out of plastic. The most interesting, out of the blue, idea that I have heard was from my dorm parent Junior. He picked up a surfboard fin and told me he could use something like this to help him cut hair.  As well as fins, I will be working with Junior to help create him an alignment piece for cutting sideburns on a perfect curve.  I am excited to create another product that can be used for something like cutting hair; it’s a completely different than surfing, but it is just the beginning of using recycled HDPE plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment