Sunday, May 8, 2016

The First Week


This week has been a huge learning experience for me. With research and some failed attempts, I was able to put together a method on how to produce fins.  I   learned that it takes some patience to mold the plastic, as I don’t want to burn the plastic. It’s all worth the wait to me. The process might not be all that efficient, but the uniqueness of the fins sets them apart form others. The only problem I have is collecting the plastic. One fin uses a lot of plastic, and having to make sure I won’t run out means I’m constantly on the search.  After this week, I hope to go into this week with a goal of making two more sets of fins.  Last week was a time for me to learn how exactly to work with HDPE plastic. As I move forward and continue to produce more fins, I plan on making the process even better. I am hoping that I can process more plastic at once, letting me cut out two fins at a time rather than one. If I plan on fixing the way I am currently processing the HDPE plastic, I will have to go through another learning experience. This means I must prepaid for failure, and learn from it like I had before. There is a lot for me to work on heading into this week. My ultimate goal at this point is to efficiently produce fins, and to reduce the environmental impacts while making the fins. I am excited to continue working and discover new ways to work with HDPE plastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment